An Overview Of Loading Dock Leveler Options
Loading docks serve as vital hubs for the seamless movement of goods in and out of your warehouse. Central to the functionality of loading docks are loading dock levers, which bridge the gap between the truck bed and the dock itself. There are many a few different options available, each with slight differences that may make them more or less appropriate for your operations. By matching the leveler to the needs of your facility and warehouse staff, you can improve safety and throughput at a critical stage of the loading and unloading processes.
Types of Dock Levelers To Choose From
Would a hydraulic or mechanical level fit best in your space? What is the primary reason you’re considering a dock leveler purchase or upgrade? Our knowledgeable team can explain the pricing, features, and advantages of the following types of levels:
- Hydraulic levelers: These levelers facilitate the loading and unloading processes in your high-capacity warehouse. They’re powered by safe hydraulic systems that are much easier to operate than mechanical lifts.
- Vertical storing levelers: These levelers are ideal if you manage a storage area that requires high levels of cleanliness and a temperature-controlled environment. They also can save valuable floor space and allow dock doors to close fully.
- Air-powered levelers: These efficient levelers enable single push-button operation. They are cost-effective and durable, raising loads in seconds. The mechanical lip locks are in place on the trailer bed.
- Mechanical levelers: These dock levelers are easy to operate and require no energy to run. Additionally, Stokes Equipment can usually retrofit these levelers using a hydraulic conversion kit. Talk to a knowledgeable team member to learn more about this option.
- Scissor lifts: Do you need a leveler that works for various elevations? Scissor lifts used with dock levelers provide flexibility and support for improved safety and efficiency when loading or unloading pallets at ground level.
- Edge-of-dock levelers: If you work in a low-capacity warehouse and a dock plate doesn’t work, consider an edge-of-dock leveler.
Need Loading Dock Leveler Repairs?
Where do you go for fast, accurate repairs for your dock leveler? Stokes Equipment provides dock leveler repair near Philadelphia PA. Even if you install new equipment, it’s important to know where to turn for comprehensive repairs for your dock equipment.
Hydraulic fluid leaks often occur with loading dock levelers. The hydraulic system lifts and lowers the dock leveler, so a leak can cause a serious malfunction. Leaks occur due to worn seals, cracked hoses, or damaged cylinders. Regular maintenance on hoses, seals, and cylinders can minimize leaks and malfunctions.
Sometimes, loading dock levelers develop an uneven lip extension. This equipment creates a bridge to the trailer. If it’s uneven, it poses a trip hazard. Our team can inspect the pins and hinges to correct or prevent this safety issue.
Corrosion and other challenges can also damage dock levelers. Whatever issues arise, our experienced technicians will find the cause of your dock leveler malfunction and provide the necessary repairs. We work directly with your warehouse team to ensure that the equipment problems are resolved and that your leveler works as expected.
Contact a Top Dock Leveler Supplier and Repair Provider
Stokes Equipment is a top provider of dock levelers and repair services. Check out our wide selection of levelers and loading dock leveler parts in Chester County, PA. Our team can install your equipment, including everything from high-speed doors to bumpers. If your business is located in Philadelphia, South Jersey, Chester County, and Lehigh Valley, PA, make us your preferred supplier for all your docking equipment. Contact us today!