Loading Dock Levelers: What’s The Difference
Warehouse loading and dock safety are very important and should be the highest priority. Therefore, special professional equipment is used, including loading dock levelers. In this article, we are going to discuss the four main types of loading dock levelers and the differences between them to help you make the right choice.
What Are The Types of Loading Dock Levelers?
Here are the four main types of loading dock levelers you should know about:
- Hydraulic dock levelers. This type of leveler is known for its ease of use and durability. Hydraulic systems are fully automatic and extremely safe, and they can easily support extreme weights without fatigue on the mechanics.
- Mechanical dock levelers. These loaders are among the most economical because they do not need a power source. They are equipped with a mechanical spring system and safety legs. It is important to note that regular maintenance is required.
- Air-powered dock levelers. These are semi-automatic systems that are used to handle moderate traffic loads. They are equipped with an inflatable airbag that lifts the leveler and with a push button. Since the cleaning of the airbag is required, regular maintenance of these systems is needed. Airdock levers are usually used in applications involving extreme temperatures and heavy usage.
- Vertical dock levelers. Vertical systems offer a robust seal when they are placed in an upright position below the dock. For this reason, they are often used for uploading and loading areas where temperatures need to be controlled. They are great for preventing product spoiling and reducing cooling expenses. It is recommended to consider vertical dock levelers if security is the main priority.
How To Choose The Right Dock Leveler?
If you are searching for a dock levelers, there are certain things you need to consider:
- Your operations need and specifications. You should choose a dock leveler based on your warehouse docking operations. A leveler should fit your individual needs.
- Maintenance costs. Before purchasing a leveler, you need to think of maintenance costs and decide whether you will be able to afford them. Some dock levelers are more expensive than others and might require more frequent maintenance. If you need to know more about dock leveler repair in Philadelphia, PA, or New Jersey, you can contact Stokes Equipment.
Stokes Equipment is a company specializing in loading docks, industrial doors, storage solutions, lift equipment, and dock leveler parts in South Jersey and Pennsylvania, PA. Our highest priority is safety, so we have been providing quality and safe products for decades. If you have any questions, or you want to know more about the products and services we offer, do not hesitate to visit our website or give us a call.